The Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) application window has opened (15 March) for farmers to claim for their 2022 payments.
The claim window for customers with existing Countryside Stewardship (CS) and Environmental Stewardship (ES) revenue agreements has also opened.
The Rural Payments Agency (RPA) has urged farmers to apply as soon as they are able, to ensure applications are submitted ahead of the deadline of 16 May.
It added that all applicants can update their personal and business information by applying through the Rural Payments service, where they can also view and transfer their BPS entitlements and land parcels.
“I am pleased that last year we paid over 98% of all BPS claims in the first month,” said Paul Caldwell, RPA chief executive. “This year we’re committed to match this target, and ensure timely payments to all farmers and land managers – but we strongly encourage all eligible farmers to submit their applications as soon as possible.
“We will continue to build on our performance while also supporting farmers across the country to make the most of the opportunities arising from the transition to the new farming schemes.”
- The Sustainable Farming Incentive will open for applications later this year. Farmers who participated in the SFI pilot will continue to receive their BPS payments while they are in pilot agreements.
- Basic Payment Scheme guidance 2022 is available here.
- Guidance on how to make a capital or revenue claim for Countryside Stewardship is available here.
- Guidance on how to make an Environmental Stewardship claim is available here.
- The Rural Payments Service can be accessed here.